Piatti del giorno 45
Nothing wrong today that an extra few million bucks added to the budget wouldn’t fix.
- Handy Git tips to stop you getting fired - Thumbs-up on the patience diff algorithm. Why not take the light hit, given modern processors and an SSD (h/t @rob_rix)?
- How do I avoid capturing self in blocks when implementing an API? - Worth re-reading this answer about
__weakuntil you understand all the words and the order they’re put in.
- I’ve changed my mind about Xcode snapshots - Given that I use git, I never quite saw the point of Xcode snapshots, but I’m encouraged to take another look (h/t @kem).
- Lisp as the Maxwell’s equations of software - Jack Diamond once expressed the lovely idea (badly and likely inaccurately paraphrased by me) that a building is a skin found where the program pushing outwards and the city pushing inwards find equilibrium. I think of Lisp similarly: a strange sort of optimum layer between humans and Turing machines.
- SimPholders - Nice menu bar item for jumping to your iOS simulator folder.
- STL File Viewing @ GitHub - Man, Github’s killing it right now: interactive viewing of STL files that may happen to be in your repos. I mean, giving remote code the theoretical ability to DDoS my window server scares the crap out of me, but still.