Piatti del giorno 47
That’s it: internet’s been won. Shut ‘er down.
- The Path to Better Debugging on iOS - Rise above
- The Abstracted Negroni - Just because I find it difficult to combine drinking with deep functional reasoning doesn’t mean it can’t be done (h/t @raganwald).
- Webcam Pulse Detector - Measure your pulse with OpenCV, Python and a garden-variety webcam (h/t @avibryant).
- Secure your REST API… The Right Way - My professional paranoia can lead me to really overthink authentication and get absolutely jack else done, so I appreciated that this includes HTTP Basic + TLS + API key as a legitimate–albeit low-end–choice (h/t @kaler).
- Can’t Buy a Thrill - I’ve been thinking a lot about this lately, that pinning your hopes on helping the fickle masses on the App Stores send each other virtual stickers seems like it leads inevitably to grudgingly spending your days making it more efficient to file TPS reports for someone with real money to spend. I’m feeling the better long-term plan is to solve real, hard problems in an industry where I have domain knowledge and actually understand how the purchasing works.
- The Benjamin Franklin Effect and why you need to quit your job before it’s too late - “He that has once done you a kindness will be more ready to do you another, than he whom you yourself have obliged.” (h/t @mfeathers).
- Capture a Signature on iOS - This article showed up in my inbox about five minutes after I File-New’d a custom UIView subclass to do exactly this (h/t Dave Verwer).
- shame.css - I tend to make a lot of class methods on a temporary class called
RGMHorribleScaffoldingas I go, for easy search-and-replace later. Hadn’t thought of doing the same for CSS, and I really like the rigour of these rules.
- Garmoshka - Make your browser window narrower and wider for the full Paris Metro experience (h/t @mfeathers).