Piatti del giorno 82
Having a weird and enjoyable mix of projects right now, hence the all-over-the-place scatter below.
- The Mother of All Demos, annotated - Doug Engelbart’s 1968 demo à la Maciej Ceglowski image-beside-text.
- Intersection Tests in 2D - The basics of hit testing.
- Isovist Challenge - Using Dynamo to create isovists (I have an interesting and weird project right now involving this kind of geometric analysis).
- Soane Museum: Real and Perceived Space - Another isovist analysis, but this time in a piece of architecture famous for its cleverness with mirrors to analyze the space that appears to but doesn’t really exist. Also, really nice looking diagrams.
- clojure.spec: a lisp-flavoured type system on Vimeo - Having high hopes for clojure.spec letting me stick with dynamic typing but not setting my hair on fire all the time.
- Variants are Not Unions - Tagged unions for when you don’t have OR types in your language. Something something deep about graphs versus trees for human affairs and classification problems.
- The A11Y Project - I’m experimenting with how much of this I can cram into a current project without really mentioning it. Trying out VoiceOver and my laptop’s screen screen brightness turned to zero a few times a week.
- Good Design is About Process, not Product - The bit about “giving yourself time” meaning not setting a limit on how long to work is highly profound, and not the only highly profound bit. Worth an annual re-read.