Piatti del giorno 73
danah boyd: “That’s one of the things that teenagers struggle with about Facebook: how to deal with multiple contexts simultaneously. Usually we address context collapse using alcohol in face-to-face environments, like at weddings. Online we don’t have that, so we have to deal with a lot of awkwardness.”
- A Day of Communication at GitHub - The new normal, ten years early.
- Kitchens with a Pop of Color - Clearly I will need to move in order to be able to accomodate this island immediately (h/t Evan Troxel).
- The era of Facebook is an anomaly - Fun parenting thought: the thing that I’ll be convinced is destroying my kindergartener’s mind and character when he’s a teenager in the 2020s is probably going to be invented any day now by one of our current crop of teenagers.
- qfish/XAlign - Slowly, slowly re-creating all of vi using Xcode plugins (h/t Tom Maes).
- On Being the Right Size - The scale of anything at all–creature, software system, building–is never a simple quantitative matter (h/t Tavis Rudd).
- NSProgress - Interesting new cross-cutting abstraction in OS X 10.9 and iOS 7.
- The Data Visualisation Catalogue - Ongoing project to build up an atlas/overview of data visualization graphics.