Piatti del giorno 77
Things finally settling down to some semblance of normalcy.
- The Value of Values - Say it with me: Does it update in place? No. Does it have timestamps? Yes.
- Input - Zooty new coding font by the Font Bureau. It gets extra points from me for making variants that increase the line height in editors that don’t specifically support it (cough Xcode cough).
- Letter to a Young Haskell Enthusiast - Good reminders about egos and learning. Reminds me of this suggestion that #haskell may be untrollable (h/t Tavis Rudd).
- Advancing a Data-Driven Approach to Architecture - I think architecture is becoming more data-driven, but part of the reason I haven’t gotten my corporate website done is for fear of generating any more say-nothing takes on it like this one.
- 5 Tech Trends Transforming BIM/VDC - I’d like to see sensible legislated energy performance verification added as #6 to balance out distortions and hype around #2, but that seems unlikely.
- Toward a Theory of Design as Computation - Warms my Christopher Alexander-lovin’ heart.
- What’s Past and What’s Next in Architecture at the Venice Biennale - As more of our building stuff goes Jetsons, this analogy drawn between robots and exoskeletons for software seems to get ever more literal. I’m with the exoskeletons.
- Is Coding the New Literacy? - Again with Betteridge’s Law of Headlines.