Piatti del giorno 83
Ok, so it’s been a while. But with the hellsite coming down any day now, it seemed like it might be a good time to bring back what passed for The Internet ca. 2003.
- Defective Altruism - Much in the news lately with the latest crypto meltdown.
- Clojure Zippers - Zippers are one of those concepts that’re so clever I can’t hold it in my brain for very long.
- Workshop report: Generative design with Clojure - Using the thi.ng libraries to do fun generative things.
- Work Is Work - Been feeling this lately, as the team gets bigger.
- Coordination Headwind - How Organizations Are Like Slime Molds - A sequel to the last one.
- A Data-Centric Introduction to Computing - I listened to a podcast with Shriram Krishnamurthi recently where he suggested that SICP’s problem domain (mostly physics/math stuff) made it seem a bit like cheating, and that this realization informed his approach to this pile of theory-of-computation beginner material.
- The Second Egress: Building a Code Change - Via Michael Eliason, on the impact of requiring second-stair egress fundamentally shapes Canadian cities for the worse.
- Building Sync Systems - Resources for offline sync, from Paulus Esterhazy.
- The value of well-designed forms - This is an incredible guide, and I worry about how much of this kind of thing arising from centuries of British clerking-by-paper have been lost in our frantic dive into computerizing everything.
- Don’t Let the Internet Dupe You, Event Sourcing is Hard - It’s hard. It’s true. Not without reward, but still.
- The Technium: 103 Bits of Advice I Wish I Had Known
- Parametric Design: What’s Gotten Lost Amid the Algorithms